Center for Health Effects of Environmental Contamination
Office: 455 Van Allen Hall
Phone: (319) 335-4014
- Ph.D., Preventive Medicine and Environmental Health, The University of Iowa
- M.S., Community Health, The University of Iowa
- B.A., Anthropology, The University of Iowa
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Geographical & Sustainability Sciences, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, The University of Iowa
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Occupational & Environmental Health, College of Public Health, The University of Iowa
- Environmental epidemiology
- Water contaminants and chronic health effects
- Environmental health policy
Brender JD, Weyer PJ. Agricultural compounds in water and birth defects. Curr Envir Health Rpt. 2016. 3(2):144-152.
Jones RR, Weyer PJ, Delavalle CT, Inoue-Choi M, Anderson KE, CantorKP, Krasner S, Robien K, Beane Freeman LE, Silverman DT, Ward MH. Nitrate from drinking water and diet and bladder cancer among postmenopausal women in Iowa. Environ Health Perspec. 2016; 124(11):1751-1758.
Inoue-Choi M, Jones RR, Anderson KE, Cantor KP, Cerhan JR, Krasner S, Weyer PJ, Ward MH. Nitrate and nitrite ingestion and risk of ovarian cancer among postmenopausal women in Iowa. Int J Cancer. 2015; 137:173-182.
Brender JD, Weyer PJ, Romitti PA, etal. Prenatal nitrate intake from drinking water and selected birth defects in offspring of participants in the National Birth Defects Prevention Study. Environ Health Perspec, 2013 121(9): 1083-1089.
Professional Society Memberships:
American Public Health Association
International Society for Environmental Epidemiology
Iowa Public Health Association
Society for Epidemiologic Research